The main requirement for WOSB certification is the 51% of the business must be owned by a woman or group of women.
Other requirements for WOSB certification include:
- The business must be considered small in accordance with NAICS size standards
- Must verify NAICS code eligibility
- 51% of business ownership must be unconditional and direct by a woman or group of women
- The business must be operational for at least 6 months and have customer/clients
- The applicant women must have ultimate managerial and supervisory control over the business for a minimum of six months.
- The applicant women must manage, control, and operate daily business as well as hold the highest officer position, manage it on a full-time basis and have no outside employment.
- Business must be legally organized and in good standing as required by all applicable federal, state, county, or city regulations in which the applicant operates.
- The business cannot be owned by an irrevocable trust. The trust must be revocable where the woman is the grantor, the trustee, and the sole current beneficiary of the trust.
Our team can help to ensure that your business meets the criteria necessary for WOSB certification as well as handle preparation and filing of all WOSB supporting documentation on your behalf. You know your business. We know government contracting. Let us help guide you through this process.