The main requirement is that the business must be majority owned (51%) by a Veteran, Service-Disabled Veteran or Surviving spouse of a Service-Disabled Veteran.
Other requirements for VOSB Certification include:
- Majority owned (at least 51%) by a Veteran, Service-Disabled Veteran or Surviving Spouse of a Service-Disabled Veteran and have full unconditional, direct management and operational control, as well as be the highest paid employee of the company; must also devote full time hours to the business
- The business must be considered small in accordance with NAICS size standards
- Have form DD214 issued upon retirement or discharge from active military duty
- Company must be properly structured, registered, and licensed. As well as be legally organized and in good standing with all federal debts and obligations paid.
- Cannot be a member of a franchise
Download the VOSD Start Up Guide: Click Here.
Fore more information about VOSB/SDVOSB: Click Here.
Read our spec sheet about requirements and benefits: Click Here.