The main requirement is to be at least 51% owned by a veteran of the US Military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, Space Force)
VBE Small Business Certification Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant must be a veteran of the US Military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, Space Force)
- An applicant must have served in an active-duty capacity or meet one of the following exceptions:
a. Was discharged or released from Active Duty because of a service-connected disability
b. Was discharged or released from active duty by reason of a sole survivorship discharge (as that term is defined in section 1174(i) of title 10).
- Applicant must have received an Honorable Discharge (HD) or Discharge Under Honorable Conditions (UHC).
- Applicable Geographic Region - United States and all US territories
- Applicant must be a US Citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident
- Must be the Chief Executive Officer or in the equivalent position
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status
- Must be active in daily management
- Evidence of Veteran Status, including DD214 &/or VA disability rating
- Must own 100% of the assets if a sole proprietorship
- Must be at least 51.0% owner of the equity interests in a partnership
- Must be at least 51.0% of each of the classes of voting stock and 51.0% of the aggregate of all stock outstanding determined by the percentage that would be distributed to the veteran if the corporation was liquidated
- Must be at least 51.0% owner of the membership interests in a limited liability company.
- An on-site interview will be conducted at the business location.