How do I properly register my business to sell to the Government?

Before you can even be considered for a contract, every business must register their business properly.

  • Register your business for an Employer Identification Number – this is a permanent tax number
  • Find and declare your North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes – this describes the type of services you provide or products you supply
  • Register with the System for Award Management (SAM) – this is the system used to pay out all contracts, grants and federal funding
  • Obtain your Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code – this is your code for your facility, one for each physical location
  • Register with Certify.SBA.Gov – this is used for all SBA services
  • Apply and get certified for a socio-economic certification – this allows your business the opportunity for set aside contracts