WOSB = Woman Owned Small Business EDWOSB = Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business
The Women Owned Small Business Federal Contracting Program, was created by the federal government with the objective of awarding 5+ precent of contract amounts to women-owned businesses. Companys that participate in this program hold what is known as the WOSB Certification.
The Women-Owned Small Business Program is a critical opportunity for women small business owner. By the achievement of your WOSB certification you gain access to government contracts called set aside contracts. Business counseling, procurement guidance, mentorship, training, and financial assistance are all available with WOSB certification – along with other forms of technical and management support.
Purpose of the Program
- Level the playing field for women business owners with set aside contracts.
- Make it easier for woman-owned companies to compete for and win federal contracts
- Assist women owned small businesses grow their revenue stream
- Form joint ventures and teams to bid on contracts, making it easier for your WOSB firm to perform on larger “prime” contracts
- Ability to propose and bid on local or national contracts